Please Pre Enter the Monday at 8:00 AM before the weekend of the Roping. Walk up and late entries will be accepted but first to rope. A Draw Out Fine of $25.00 will be enforced if a Roper does not draw out 48 Hours Prior to the roping (Fines are directly paid to the stock contractor). Call or Text in Entries to 254-979-2343
Membership dues are $150.00 * Permit dues are $25.00 * Fees A Division $465 B Division $440 C Division $400
Year End Prizes
- First in each division
- Second in each division
- Horse of the year in each division
Average winners will receive buckles at each roping in each division.
Finals Prizes (We will have added money)
- First in the average winner in each division
- Second in the average winner in each division
- Third in the average winner in each division
Must have Membership paid in full for prizes to be awarded.
Must compete at five ropings to qualify for the finals.
1. Ropers must cross and tie three legs. A steer must remain tied for six (6) seconds to qualify as a legal tie. There must be at least one wrap around all three legs, and a half-hitch.
2. Only slick around both horns shall be a legal catch. Half-hitch on horns or legs will be a no time.
3. For a trip to be legal, the rope must be below the hip of the steer on the side opposite the direction the horse is turning. It has to be there at one point.
4. There will be a sixty (60) second elapsed time limit. The timer shall blow a whistle indicating “NO TIME” at the end of the sixty (60) seconds for the A & B Divisions only.
5. If a steer’s horns pull together and the rope comes off, roper will receive a “NO TIME”. If the rope stays on one horn from a legal head catch until tie has been completed and examined by the arena judge, the tie will be official.
6. Ropers will be allowed one (1) loop, two (2) attempts, and one (1) flat fall. If a roper is out of the average, then one (1) loop and one (1) attempt is all that is allowed. The number of attempts may be changed due to weather and/or Arena conditions.
7. If a roper trips a steer with a hamburger hold a “NO TIME” will be received. If ropers do not know what this rule is, please ask.
8. Ropers may pick the steer’s head up after given the finished signal by the flagman. The judge will determine the tie and his decision will be final.
9. The flagman’s decision is final.
10. Entries will open Monday at 8 a.m. before each roping. Late entries will be taken but last to enter, first to rope.
11. Any roper (A, B, or C) may rope on a $25 permit per roping, as many times as he wants, but no points or prizes will be given until membership is paid in full. You must be a member to rope at any LSSRA roping with Added money.
12. Membership dues are $150 and must be paid in full before you can receive any points. You can pay it out with a minimum of $25 each roping but you will not receive points until it is paid in full. Each roping will count towards the finals while membership is being paid out.
13. Ropers must attend and participate in five (5) ropings to be eligible to compete at the finals. You must have competed in at least five (5) ropings in each division to enter that division at the finals. For Example: If someone wants to enter the C and B Division at the finals, he must have competed in five (5) ropings in the C Division and five (5) ropings in the B Division.
14. Any additional questions that do not fall under the LSSRA rules will then fall back to the guidelines set by the PRCA.
15. If there is a tie for any award, we will then go by the fastest time.
1. Points at the regular ropings are as follows:
Go Rounds: 1st = (10), 2nd = (8), 3rd = (6), 4th = (4), 5th = (2)
Average: 1st = (20), 2nd = (18), 3rd = (16), 4th = (14), 5th = (12)
No points will be rewarded for NO TIMES.
2. Points at the FINALS ONLY will be doubled.
3. Every roper that competes in a roping if a member will automatically get one (1) point.
4. The LSSRA Board of Directors has the right to move ropers in any division.
5. If a roper is moved to a higher division, he can take all of his points, up to one point less than the leader of the division being moved to.
6. Cattle will be chute ran. Numbers will not be drawn unless said otherwise. No Roper can run the same steer twice in their division in one (1) Roping. First to enter, last to rope.
7. Entry fees will be: (A’s $465) (B’s $440) (C’s $400). Stock charge will be $45 in each division, a $40 production fee will go back to the LSSRA for prizes and added money at the Finals. All divisions will rope a straight 3 head. Finals will be a straight 6 head. At All ropings not scheduled there may be a $15 Host Fee that will be added.
8. You can pay for your fees with cash, check or credit card. If you write a bad check then you will be on a cash basis from then on. You must also make the check good in cash and pay a $50.00 dollar fine that must be paid before you rope.
9. The board has the right to cut any steer before he is run in a division. A steer can’t be cut after he has been run in a division unless he is injured.
10. Mexican Cattle are to be roped at all LSSRA Sanctioned Events.
THE PAY OFF BREAKDOWN
A Division- Last hole in the rounds and average will pay no less than half their fees back.
B and C Division
5-8 ropers = 1 money straight across
9-10 ropers = 1 money in go rounds and two in the average
11-15 ropers = 2 moneys straight across
16-20 ropers = 3 moneys straight across
21-30 ropers = 4 moneys straight across
Fees Stock Production Pay Back
A = $465.00 $45.00 $40.00 $290.00
B = $440.00 $45.00 $40.00 $265.00
C = $400.00 $45.00 $40.00 $225.00
11. Any abuse to a horse or steer on the arena grounds may result in a $100 fine and/or a possible disqualification. The fine must be paid in full before you compete in the next roping.
12. Vulgar profanity in the arena may result in a $100 fine and a possible disqualification. The fine must be paid in full before you compete in the next roping.
13. We do not declare even if a steer stops. When you nod and the steer is turned out, the steer is yours.
14. You must compete at the finals to receive any prizes unless you have a doctor’s release, death in the family, etc. And then it will still be up to the board of directors to determine whether you get prizes.
15. We have a dress code which includes a long sleeve button up shirt and cowboy hat. You must be dressed appropriately when you are competing in your division or you will be fined $10 for each infraction. This means every run you must be dressed or you can be fined every time you enter the box and or arena. All fines must be paid in full before you compete in the next roping.
16. Fees must be paid in full before you rope.
17. In the event that only one (1) roper enters and is ready to compete, he has the option of paying $12.50 and receiving one (1) points without competing. If there are 2 ropers to enter, it will be considered a contest just like any other roping and they will compete.
18. We will vote on new Directors every year at the Finals. All positions are a two year term.
19. In the event that every Roper receives a “No Time” in a go-round, the money will be put in the Average.
20. If a roper is running late for whatever reason, he will be moved to the end of the round. If he is not present then, we will not wait.
21. Directors will be responsible for Classifying Ropers.
22. Engaging in, or attempting to engage in, any action threatening, berating, harassing, or intimidating to an LSSRA official, spectator, or any employee or member of the LSSRA will be considered either a Class I ($100 fine) or Class II ($250 Fine) offense and may be punishable by ineligibility, suspension, and/or expulsion. Decisions will be made by the Board of Directors by the next competition.
23. If a Roper thinks his steer is crippled, he may pull up and get a rerun as long as the Flagman agrees that the steer is in fact unfit to rope. If the Flagman decides the steer is fit to rope, he is yours.
24. Ropers must give 48 hours notice when drawing out of each roping or you will be Fined $25.00 (Fine fee is paid directly to the stock contractor).
For more information call:
Jake Pollock 254-631-6024, Chad Decker 254-592-6783, Mark Milner 432-288-5540
Joe Dan Barnes 432-557-4934, Scott Snedecor 830-591-3700, Steve Wolf 940-577-0368